The glassworks Peill and son was established in Düren in 1903. After the Second World War, in 1947, the glass factory Putzler, founded in 1869, merged to Peill & Putzler Glashüttenwerke. The company manufactured glass articles such as vases, wine glasses, decanters as well as glass and fittings for lamps. They always worked with major designers such as Bauhaus disciple Wilhelm Wagenfeld or Wilhelm Braun-Feldweg. Peill & Putzler closed in 1997 but its name was reused by the lighting firm of Paul Neuhaus, that sold Wagenfeld lighting designs. Original Peill & Putzler pieces are on display in a number of leading museums such as the MoMa and the Corning Museum of Glass in New York.